Monday 11 June 2018

Oops! 3 Months Later...

Oops! So it seems that I can't keep up with my blog. Nor my weight loss journey either! However, that's what it is, a journey, full of ups and downs, diversions, dead ends and fresh starts.





Since my last post things have changed quite a bit and I've chosen to put my physical and mental health first over my career. Definitely not something I did or would do in my 20's! Back then it was all about climbing the career ladder to earn more £££ but I continuously pushed aside my health and worked long hours, living off junk food and never exercising (aside from 2008 - 2009 where I went on a VLCD, gymmed 5 times a week and reach that elusive 9 stone bracket. But that wasn't sustainable and I ended up gaining it all back and then some!).

But now things are different, I'm getting older and I need to take care of my body after putting it through years of fuelling it with the wrong foods and not exercising coupled with yo yo dieting. Recently I've struggle to cope with the stress at work and the anxiety it gives me and focus on losing weight at the same time. Maybe it's just me but losing weight and keeping on track requires a lot of effort, preparation and will power not to succumb to every day temptations plus have the time and energy to exercise as well. I hadn't been following my food plan for weeks and hadn't exercised, turning to junk food and alcohol to cope and reward myself for yet another stressful week. I was drifting further and further away from what I had set out to do several months ago.

So last month I left the job role that I had aspired to be in since I was 20 and took a step down to a role that was less stressful, fewer hours and one that I'm comfortable working in. It was a tough decision to make and one that I didn't take lightly however when anxiety was starting to take over my day to day life and affecting my long term goals, I knew that something had to change. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have been given and also for my family, friends and partner who have supported my choice 100%. 

It's taken a few weeks for things to settle down and get into a routine. Losing weight (for me at least!) is very much about mindset, if my mind isn't engaged with my goal then cake will easily find its way into my mouth, along with a takeaway and a bottle of prosecco. 

It was quite shocking to discover that I had only gained 0.4lbs, even though I physically feel that I've gained back at least 10lbs after I felt like I ate and drank everything in sight! I didn't quite believe the scales last Monday morning and checked the weight 3 times on two different scales (yeah I'm pretty anal when it comes to weighing!) and the weight read the same so I've gone with it. The top picture below shows my weight on 19th March, the middle last week when I started again on 4th June and the bottom is today's weigh in. I still feel bigger than I did on 19th March so hopefully that will change in a few weeks being back on a calorie deficit.



So there you have it, the reasons why I've been quiet since March on the weight-loss side of things. I restarted last week on 4th June and I still kept up with my PT sessions whilst I wasn't 'on plan' and I will continue with those for the foreseeable future. Food wise I am continuing with counting calories at 1400 a day which works really well for me as I don't feel restricted and can have whatever I want, as long as I track it. 

I am taking things day by day with 3 main goals each week:

*Stick to 1400 calories a day
*Drink 2 litres of water a day
*3/4 x 30 minute walks each week

As the weeks go on I may add further mini goals but right now, keeping things few and simple means I'm more likely to stick to them!

What are your goals over the next few weeks? Is anyone losing weight for a summer holiday? 



Until next time

Much Love

Just Ems

Start Date: 12th Feb 2018
Highest Weight: 17 stone 7lbs - Feb 2018
Lowest Weight: 9 stone 12lbs - April 2009
Current Weight: 16 stone 2.8lbs
Total Weight Lost: 18.2lbs
Height 5'2





No comments:

Post a Comment