Sunday 15 February 2015

Is there something in the water?

Firstly I feel I need to apologise for being AWOL for the past 2 weeks. Last week I had a bit of a shitty week with work so I gave into my food demons and ate the wrongs things, gaining 3lbs in the process! Right now I'm not sure how to cope with my triggers and how to not give into that food demon that sits on my shoulder, whispering in my ear 'Eat chips!
Eat chocolate! You'll feel better!'. I know damn well I'll be happy eating junk food whilst I'm putting it into my mouth but the next day? No happiness, just a bloated belly, pangs of guilt and feeling that I'm not only failing myself, but anyone who reads Just Ems. How can I post about clean eating and losing weight when I've stuffed my face with a chippy tea the night before? I can't. That would be hypocritical and I'm not a hypocrite when it comes to my weight loss journey. So I chose not to post until I was fully motivated and clean eating again as I don't feel that would be fair to anyone reading my blog or to myself. I have read all the tips on how to avoid giving into temptations - have a bath, paint your nails, read a book etc. Do something to take your mind off of the voice inside your head telling you to eat something bad and most of the time I do ignore it. I can say no to cakes and chocolate in the office but sometimes, my will power isn't always there. And I cave...

So this week I have been trying to get my head back into the game so to speak, clean eating and going to the gym. We will see what the scales say tomorrow.


If you haven't already seen on social media, I have signed up with a personal trainer. Since 25th December I've lapsed twice, over the festive season and last week so I feel that I need someone/something to give me the much needed motivational kick up the butt to retrain my focus. I had a personal trainer before when I reached 10 stone back in 2008 and enjoyed the 1 on 1 time with someone who was qualified so I am looking forward to having one again. I feel that I need something to give me the focus that I seem to have lost and to also have a rigid fitness programme in place that will get me working on the areas of fitness that I want to improve on. I had my fitness assessment on Monday so my PT took my measurements, my weight and did some flexibility tests to measure my fitness. My body fat percentage is 49%! Urgh, not a number that I want to see again. My measurements and weight will be reviewed in 4 or 6 weeks time (I can't remember what we agreed!) so it will be interesting to see what difference having a PT makes. My first session is on Tuesday so instead of stuffing my face with pancakes, I will probably be moaning at my PT for making me all red faced and sweaty!

As of my last weigh in on Monday, I have 48lbs to go until I reach my goal of 10 stone. Ideally I'd like to get to 9 stone but I want to reach 10 and see how I feel and if I want to lose anymore or focus on toning my body and losing inches rather than losing weight. My birthday is in 22 weeks time so here's some maths for you:

Birthday in July = 22 weeks.

Current weight = 13 stone 6lbs

Goal weight = 10 stone

48lbs to lose

2.18lbs per week to lose

The weekly target weight loss used to be 1.8lbs when I reviewed this in December/January as I haven't really lost any weight since 24th December weigh in at 13 stone 6lbs. All I've done is gained 9lbs over Xmas, lost 12lbs in January and gained 3lbs last week. Argh, this is why I need a PT!

There seems to be a trend amongst some of my social media weight loss friends (including myself see above) that we're all having 'bad week's in terms of our weight loss journeys at the moment. Is there something in the water? Has our green tea been spiked with several drops of de-motivation? What is going on?
I've read a few articles which explain the theories of giving up on New Years resolutions (with most people not even keeping to them past 31st January) and how only 8% of people actually achieve them. Have we reached the 6 week point where we reach a cross road on our journey; will our will power be strong enough to keep going or do we choose to stop because it all seems too hard? 
Today I decided that I want to be one of the 8% that achieves their New Years Resolution. I don't want to be the fat girl anymore. I don't want to be wearing size 18-20 clothes. I don't want to be out of breath from just running up the stairs and I don't want my lack of confidence to impact all areas of my life. And I'm sure my weight loss buddies want to be in that 8% statistic too.

So come on guys and girls! Put down that cake, clear out of your cupboards, fill your fridge with fresh veggies and healthy foods and lets get our butts in gear! We can do this!

I never said it was going to be easy, but I promise you it will be worth it.
Because nothing tastes better than being slim and healthy feels 



Start Date: 7th October 2014
Start Weight: 15 stone 8lbs
Current Weight: 13 Stone 3lbs
Total Weight Lost: 33lbs
Height 5'2


8 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back, I know what you mean I am having trouble sticking to my diet at the moment. Exercise I can do but the eating is not so easy...oh well today is a new day and back to trying again. Hope your PT goes well and can't wait to hear how you get on :)

    Pams Stuff and Things
    LORAC PRO Palette Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Pam, sorry for the delay in replying and thank you for the comment :) It seems that all my weight loss buddies are having troubles at the moment, it is really weird! How are you getting on now? Had my first session on Tuesday and loved it. Got my next one booked for Monday, can't wait already! :)

      Delete
  2. Finally able to comment! My phone seems to hate blog commenting. Freezes every time :/
    Glad you're back! So feeling you in the water! Lol. Just remember it's not a straight run, you're going to have ups and downs but dust yourself off and get back to it!
    You got this! Kick arse with the PT :)

    Bex x

    bubblybex3.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Bex, thank you for leaving a comment. Apart from the plentiful cups of coffee this week, I've definitely been 'on plan' food wise so to speak, only 1 gym session though.
      Loving the PT sessions, got my next one booked for Monday, can't wait!

      Hope you're doing well this week my lovely xx

      Delete
  3. Best of luck! I'm sure you will hit that goal you have done amazing already!! Have you checked out the bodycoachs youtube? he posts HIIT workouts that are perfect for weightloss! if you need some Inspo - I did a list of my top 5 fitness instagrammers! http://thegirlwiththestrawberrytattoo.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/fitness-my-top-5-instagrammers.html x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura

      Thank you for your comment and for the recommendation, alot of people have suggested this guy so I've added him to my Insta feed!

      Hope you are well and having a nice weekend xx

      Delete
  4. Hey sweetie, first of all thankyou for leaving me your link on Twitter!

    & secondly, you're doing so well, don't let one bad week make you dis-heartened - keep positive & I'm sure you'll get the results you want :) x

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat,

      Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog and for your kind words, trying to stay as positive as I can!

      Thank you for leaving your blog link as well, I've added you to Bloglovin so I can keep up with your posts :)

      xx

      Delete